Haw & Inglis (Est 1984) is a Western Cape based construction company specializing in projects of significant size and complex scope including road construction, road rehabilitation, infrastructure and building construction. The company operates throughout South Africa and neighbouring states.
Whilst the company’s core focus is major National and Provincial arterial roads and urban highways, its expertise extends to urban infrastructure and select institutional, industrial, commercial, residential and other building projects.
Road construction operations are supported by GKC, our in-house crushing/aggregate supply company as well as concrete work operations to support roadwork construction activities. Additional concrete construction capacity was introduced through the acquisition of Peak Projects in 2007 and, more recently, Ursa Civils in 2012.
Our managers lead experienced professional teams whose relevant members are registered and qualified with the appropriate professional bodies. The management team operates from Cape Town providing a co-ordinated and expert backup support to site management.
Haw & Inglis’ focuses on being competitive and innovative to continue offering its clients superior personal service whilst providing employees a culture that recognizes and rewards independent initiative. Management maintains the company’s leadership in the market through structured organic growth for which the ongoing skills training and upliftment of all employees are critical.
Haw & Inglis Broad Based Empowerment Trust (HIBBET)
In August 2006, the Company took a great stride in the establishment of the Haw & Inglis Broad Based Empowerment Trust: 15.6 % of the Company’s shares were given to the trust at no cost to the employees. Every permanent employee with more than two years of service, shares in the profits of the Company in a transparent manner and HIBBET now stands as the Company’s largest shareholder, aspiring to the true goals of the BBBEE Act. The trustees of HIBBET have been nominated and elected by the eligible employees of the Company and today own 20% of the Company.
· H&I is ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems Accredited
· H&I is ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems Accredited
· H&I Group has the following CIDB grading classifications–
· 9CE (Civil Engineering)
· 9GB (Building construction)
· 9ME (Mechanical Engineering)
· 9EP (Electrical Engineering)
· 9SL (Structural Steel Fabrication & Erection)
· 9SE (Demolition & Blasting)
· 9SF (Fire Prevention & Protection Systems)
· 9SM (Timber Buildings & Structures)
· 9SJ (Piling& Specialised Foundations)
· H&I Building Construction is a member of the Master Builders and Allied Trades Association (Western Cape)
· H&I Building Construction is registered with the National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC)